A few months ago I made some garments for Free Spirit’s booth at Quilt Market, and I chose to be paid in fabric. Wanting to put it to use right away rather than have it languish on my shelf, I immediately cut a host of strips from Loominous, True Colors, Mod Corsage, and Fibs and […]

View full post »

  • What a beautiful quilt! I have no doubt that this family’s spirits will be lifted. Sometimes being shown kindness is the greatest blessing of all, and it helps us to remember that there is good in the world despite our circumstances.
    In the past I have made knit/crocheted hats for NICU babies, as this is an issue close to my heart. You can usually just drop them off at the hospital. I also know that there is a program called Project Linus that looks for donated quilts and blankets to give to ill children who are in the hospital to lift their spirits.ReplyCancel

  • What a beautiful quilt! I love your generous spirit, Meredith. I donate quilts to a hospice care organization. I am sure you can find a group that will speak to your heart.ReplyCancel

  • We have a crisis pregnancy centre here. Hard to believe how many women access it each month. It’s nice to be able to offer them practical help as well as counselling etc. Baby quilts are appreciatedReplyCancel

  • Julie

    Such a thoughtful gift and a beautiful quilt! Your posts always inspire, thank you for introducing me to Aurifil and now this great wide fabric… Good Luck matching to just the right charity.ReplyCancel

I ordered a perfectly adorable boyish selection of prints from DuckaDilly a little while back with a dual purpose; I wanted to use them in Teddy’s sixteen patch quilt (whenever that happens, ahem) and I wanted to use some for decor in his little nook in our room. I like having the children in our […]

View full post »

  • Lara

    Love it Meredith! And him too! He’s adorable xxReplyCancel

It’s been one of those days. One of those weeks, really. The kind where mothering has been constant and draining. The kind where I don’t get to use the bathroom until my husband gets home at night because there has been no break.  We were at All Children’s all day Tuesday for Wallace to have […]

View full post »

  • That Nani Iro fabric is absolutely stunning! It looks great on you. This is my kind of simple summer outfit. I have made the Carolyn shorts in rayon for everyday wear, too. It’s such a nice pattern that it would be a shame to use it only as pajamas! I hope Wallace continues to heal quickly!ReplyCancel

  • your akita is adorable! and i’m happy to hear about pennie fabrics – we go to sarasota every year and i will definitely visit.ReplyCancel

  • hello gorgeous!! glad wallace is on the mend, and hopefully that akita top will cheer the both of you up!!ReplyCancel

Remember this dress I made for Layla? Well I made a coordinating shirt and bow tie for Wallace using the Fresh Catch print from Hawthorne Threads’ Riviera collection.    I’m glad to finally post about it because it was at one point the post that wasn’t meant to be. These pictures are the result of […]

View full post »

  • Enid

    Is there a tutorial on how you sewed this cute shirt? I’m a quilter and not a clothes sewer. ThanksReplyCancel

    • I used the Sketchbook Shirt pattern from Oliver + S. I learned to see garments with their patterns. They are very clear and easy to understand. They are an awesome way to learn about sewing garments. ReplyCancel

  • so stinkin’ cute!!ReplyCancel

Are you a creature of habit? I sure am. I’m the girl that orders the same meal at Panera every time for 10 years. I go to the same restaurant on every date (which happens to take place only on my birthday and anniversary for the most part). I use fabric from the same companies […]

View full post »

  • Emily

    I love all your versions! I have this pattern, but I’ve never made the shirt before. I will have to give it a try!ReplyCancel

  • You do such beautiful work, Meredith! I bet the boys will love those shirts.ReplyCancel

  • the kid is the lucky recipient of these adorable shirts!!!
    more photos of the flamingo version here:


    ps. meredith’s work up close is unbelievable!!! so precise and well made.ReplyCancel